Daisy's Crazy Day

Daisy was a girl who never gave up. Complete a really hard maths test? She’ll do it. Read a 500 page book in one day? She’ll do it. Fix a clock? Of course she’ll do it. But her grandmother’s old clock was different. It was made out of ebony and it towered over the living room. The clock face was a glistening gold and the numerals were as crimson as blood. But strangest of all, the hands were made out of an unusual black stone.

The clock didn’t work anymore, but Daisy was so entranced by its strange appearance. She always hoped that one day she could make it work again. Daisy could fix clocks, but this was no normal time-teller…

The sun shone through the windows as Daisy began to open her eyes from a deep sleep. She could hear a clock chiming in the distance and it reminded her about the ebony clock.
After Daisy finished her cereal, she excitedly dashed off into the living room, ready to have a go at fixing her grandmother’s clock.

She started fiddling with the clock hands, she could feel the slippery black stone slide through her fingers. Daisy moved the hour hand round and round the golden clock face and a strange feeling rushed through her, chills ran down her spine and everything went black.

Daisy slowly opened one of her eyes seeing nothing but blue sky. She opened the other eye hoping she was just imagining she was outside, but no, she was right in the middle of the Colosseum.

“Yrrah!” The cheering was coming from the crowd. But the biggest thing Daisy noticed was the man standing right above her. This was no ordinary man, it was an emperor. This was no ordinary emperor, it was Julius Caesar.
“Pardon me madam, but would you get out of here right now, a battle is about to begin!” Caesar held out a hand to Daisy and helped her up. “Get out of here, QUICK!”

Daisy ran as fast as she could.
How did I get here? She thought. The TARDIS? No way! Probably the clock, it was the last thing I touched.
Now that Daisy had worked out what to look for, she had to find it. She ran through the dark alleyways, she felt like she was a mouse in a maze. Daisy could smell the waft of fresh meat and vegetables of the market as she looked through every furniture stall searching for the ebony clock.


But when she reached a small stall she saw it standing there, alone.

Daisy entered the stall quickly. She ran up to the clock and moved the hour hand forwards. Then suddenly everything went black.

The girl opened her eyes as quickly as she could and she realised she was back in the living room on the couch and the old clock stood there like nothing ever happened. Daisy was home and she hoped to go on an adventure like that again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!