Nation Of The Eternal

This was it, they told us it was coming, they told us to leave. But we stayed. They said that the world would end, but we didn’t listen, this has been our Earth for more than 4 billion years and we will die with the Earth if we have to. We existed long before the humans arrived. The sky is turning darker shades of grey every second, our kind was standing on the brink of death. But the prophecy foretold that I was to be the one to face it, only my kind could stop it.
After long hours of darkness, the black sky began to part, it was emerging from a blanket of night and looked like nothing earth had ever seen, it was a mass of shadows, it had multiple tentacles bursting out of its sides. The prophecy stated that the creature's name; was Cloudwraith, and it fit very well with it’s appearance for it was practically made from the sky.
All the humans had fled to space in what they called, “The Voyager.” The Voyager was a colossal ship the size of the Earth, they are unaware of the fact that they won't be any safer in space than they will be on Earth. The Cloudwraith ventures to destroy everything in our galaxy and then return to it’s homeworld; Odyessus.

We had a plan before Cloudwraith came, we developed a weapon we named; The Matter Bomb. All we have to do is get inside the creature and plant the Bomb. We would need to summon a Manticore to fly up to the beast, but they went into hiding when the humans dawned, but then I remembered the instructions for summoning. I walked to the hidden portal embedded in the mountain and pulled the lever, I wrote the word; “Manticore”, on the rock, with orange dust.
First came it’s lionlike head, then it’s majestic wings, and last; it’s barbed tail. It was even more magnificent than I remembered. It crouched low so I could get on it’s back, I had secured the Matter Bomb in the bag I had on my back, the Cloudwraith was not far from where I was now. It was just a straight path for three kilometres, which would not take long on the manticore. In two short minutes we arrived at the place. Cloudwraith was tearing up Buildings and sending concrete flying, we were directly above it. I dropped the bomb. It was pummelling down swiftly and was close to Cloudwraith. I gaped at the sight, The bomb went straight through him! It was supposed to explode when it hit solid matter, but then I realised Cloudwraith wasn’t matter at all! It hit the ground beneath me and the light half blinded me, when I recovered I realised that Cloudwraith no longer there anymore. Cloudwraith was destroyed. Our kind will now reclaim our throne and live peacefully with all of the magnificent creatures that feared the humans.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!