Heart Over Head

I walk out of the house with the gaudy sound of thumping music in the background. I'm gradually walking away oblivious to where I'm heading but none of that matters to me, its just me myself and the starry night sky. My mind starts wandering towards what feels like a distant memory and I start to pick up pace. Maybe dad was right, maybe Heath is not as perfect as I thought. I brush the memory away and try to refocus my train of thoughts but something else comes to mind. I look around and realize I have gone to far, I have no idea where I am. I try to look for a street sign but the only light I'm provided with is the moon light and several dim street lights.

Its dark and dead silent, not a noise fills the street, I'm so far away that I cant even hear the music. My heart starts pounding and I have a sudden urge to look behind me. My bones start to stiffen and the hairs on my neck are persuaded to stand straight. Am I being watched? My body gains a tingling sensation and goose bumps rise from my skin. My heart is pumping so hard that my chest begins to hurt, I want to look but should I? A cloud falls over the moon and it is now pitch black. I can no longer see anything but the faint light appearing from the street lights. I watch the light as it is my only form of hope, the only thing that will protect me. I continue walking in hope that the feeling will pass as if I'm just being paranoid. I try to calm myself down by observing the constellations in the sky but something else catches my eye. I look at the lights to which I thought was my only form of hope. The lights are flickering at the same rate as my heart which is getting quicker and quicker by the minute. Then suddenly, they stop, not a light comes from them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!