Ted's Outback Mission

I was on top of a mountain, I was just thinking, and then...
I was running down a mountain being chased, I did not know by who, or what! I was running as fast as I could, all I could smell was smoke. I saw our house in the distance, it looked like our house was covered in flames.
My mum was yelling out “Ted, Ted, Ted!” I could barely see her. I turned to see if I was still being chased but could not see anyone.
When I finally arrived at our house, it was just the frame burning to the ground. My mum, Alicen, was crying. This house was all we owned and my mum and I lived on a very small income. I knew that this fire was set on purpose and I needed to know who did it.
I set off to find clues with my dog Anker and later found myself in central Queensland. I walked into a bar and saw a man with a black coat. I sat down and as he handed me a drink he said, “Nice dog.” I said, “Yeah, his name is Anker.” We started talking about how my house when set on fire. The stranger said that there has been a gang of arsonists going through the country, “The gang is Townsville” said the stranger, “I will help you.”
“Sorry, I am Ted,” “I didn’t catch the name.”
“Taipan Pete.”
“When does the next train come to town?” I asked.
“I am going on the next train, it will be here in an hour, will show you around.”
“Ted, Ted, Ted!” he yelled, “we are in Townsville.” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Pete starring right in front of my face. “We are here,” said Pete as I was sitting up.
“Okay, where is that gang?” I said as I felt like I wanted to crush them.
“They are probably at the pub.”
“I will meet you there,” I said to Pete. “You go and get the Police.”
As I got to the bar, it was creepy. I walked over to the bar tender and asked, “Have you seen a gang of arsonists in town?”
The bar tender looked up and whispered, “If you want to accuse people, go somewhere else.” As I walk out, a guy followed me.
He said, “That gang is sitting in the far left corner of the bar.”
I turned to say thanks but he was gone. When Pete arrived with the Police, I showed them where they were sitting. The Police had evidence so they could arrest them right away. I thanked Pete and wished him good luck in his journeys.
Went I got back home my mother was waiting for me. When she saw me she was crying out, “Ted, Ted, Ted!”
I said to my mum, “I’m happy to see you and we can build a new home with the reward money of one million dollars.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!