Tasmanian Trouble

Once upon a time in Victoria, 1924, there were two brothers called Andy and Kyle. They had a father called Dr. Guy. He was a zoologist and Andy and Kyle wanted to be zoologists too. Fortunately for them they could.
One night the boys were in a helicopter following a cockatoo but did they know as they went they travelled from Victoria to Tasmania. It only took Andy and Kyle 2 minutes to figure out where they were. “Um father I think we’re in… TASMANIA!” exclaimed Andy and Kyle together. “Nonsense,” said Dr. Guy as he checked the map. When he glanced at the map he gulped, “Maybe we are in Hobart?” he mumbled.
Suddenly they crashed into a nearby tree furiously tumbling! Tree trunks flew the doors opened and dropped acorns everywhere! “UH-OH!” shouted Kyle who had never experienced this. “OUCH!” said Andy who got hit on the head with an acorn. “Oops” said Dr. Guy as he blew up the helicopter blades and ejected the seats out of the helicopter roof. But at daring jumps and clever antics Kyle and Andy jumped on a rocky cave roof. But Dr. Guy was still in his chair and dropped into the rocky cave and found a lonely baby Tasmanian Tiger inside with no food and no parents. “Wow!” ogled the others as Kyle picked him up. “The little guy is on his own,” exclaimed Andy, “should we look after it?” he asked. “Are you crazy?” said Kyle, “his parents would be here any minute and they would not be happy!” Just then they heard a rustling sound in the bushes. “Great” moaned Kyle, “now we're tiger food.” “Um not necessary,” said Andy as he and Dr. Guy looked up to see a Tasmanian… DEVIL! “Oh-no,” they said as they scrambled up a tree. Down below was the Tasmanian Tiger and Devil hissing at each other then the Devil lunged forward at the Tasmanian Tiger. He swiftly dodged the attack and the Devil bumped his head on the tree. Then a massive fight occurred. There was lunging, leaping and leering. Pains and puffing lungs and everything was happening while Dr. Guy videoed them.
Then something amazing occurred. The Tasmanian Tiger got the Devil’s neck and threw him with his mouth into a bush and the Tasmanian Devil scurried away. The Tasmanian Tiger won! Then two adult Tasmanian Tigers appeared out of the rustling bushes. The baby Tiger ran up to his parents and hugged them. Then there was a whirring noise… it was a rescue helicopter! Someone emerged from the helicopter. “Hello Guy family” he said, “I’m Captain Shanks. Thank you, Beaumaris zoo lost Benjamin the baby Tasmanian Tiger and his parents but with your help we'll send them to the zoo and get you to Victoria.” “Thank you,” said Andy as they got into the helicopter. “You know, maybe I’ll study Tasmanian tigers this year,” said Andy. “Well good luck to you,” said Dr. Guy smiling.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!