Sausage Scare

Once there was a boy called Matt. He was a kind boy who lived with his father and two stepbrothers who were very mean to Matt.
One day, Matt was getting the mail when there was a letter that said, 'Every young man will come to the Bucking Bull Competition. The winner will receive a $100 and a lifetime supply of gold'. Matt was so excited he almost jumped out of his jeans! He went to tell his dad but the two boys were blocking the door. It was Matt’s mean stepbrothers; Scott and Jay.
“What are you doing little worm?” scowled Scott.
“Yeah!” smirked Jay.
“Nothing that concerns you!” said Matt sounding more tough and brave then he felt.
“Oooh really,” sneered Jay, as he snatched the letter out of Matt’s hand.
“Ha, ha!” laughed Scott and Jay, as they opened Matt’s letter and read it. They too were excited that they almost fell over themselves to go tell their dad.
After dinner, they got ready for the competition. The boys told Matt that he had to weed the garden, wash the pigs, and clean the entire house. It was all too much for poor Matt. There was no way he could get all of this done in time.
When the boys left, Matt started to cry. He said to himself, “Oh how I wish I could go!” sniffing away his tears. Out of nowhere, the craziest thing happened. The leftover sausage from dinner came to life! It said, “Why hello Matt."
Matt froze and then gave out the loudest scream. “Hey it’s not like I’m going to chuck you in the dunny Matt,” said the sausage.
“Okay,” said Matt, sounding very scared. BANG! POOF!
“What was that?” said Matt.
“Just a bit of magic,” said the sausage.
“WOW!” said Matt. Magically, he was in a pair of gumboots, jeans, and shirt.
Next, the sausage spawned a kangaroo chariot for Matt. The chariot drove Matt to the competition as fast as lightning.
When Matt arrived, it was his turn on the bull. The bull looked mean! But before he hopped on it, a beautiful girl named Sarah came up to him and said, “Good luck,” and gave him a little kiss on the cheek. Matt instantly felt braver and more confident!
Up on the bull, he saw his brothers standing there with their mouths open wide and gawking at him. He managed to ride the bull to the bell. Sarah came to give him a hug. “You did great.” Matt sprinted, he felt very rude, but he had to get away from his stepbrothers who looked like they were going to sentence him to a lifetime of wedgies. As he ran, only his gumboot was left.
The next day, there was a knock at the door. It was Sarah with his gumboot. It fitted perfectly! Sarah was so happy because she had been searching for him all day! She gave Matt another kiss on the cheek and they lived happily ever after!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!