Jake Vs God

JAKE VS GOD


“Settle down Julian. Settle down!’ yelled Jake. “I’m trying to work,” he hissed as he made a wooden toy plane. He was sweating like crazy in his hot, dry desert home. Outside, the tumble weeds rolled around and the little caves were hidden among the desert. He turned to his wife, Jill, and asked if she could settle Julian down. Julian had been going silly because there was no one around to play with. At that moment, God heard the only family struggling.

God came to their small, lonely desert home to fix their problem. He had created these people, Jake, Jill and Julian and were over joyed with how their lives had turned out. God then decided to create some more people. Jake now had some costumer to build houses for, Jill had some people to talk to and Julian could play with some other children. God came down and asked Jake if he liked these people he created. “Yes I do,” Jake answered with a laugh.
God went back up to the sky and began making heaps more people. Jake got frustrated. All the people came to Jake and asked him to build their houses. Jake said he needed a break and went outside and bellowed at God saying that there’s too many people now. “Why did you make all these people?” shouted Jake.
“You said that you liked all the people,” replied God.
“I did like them but now there’s too many,” Jake said angrily. “I can’t make all these people their houses. It will take too long to build all these houses!” sighed Jake.
God and Jake thought this threw long and hard. God said, “What if you ….. No that won’t work,” muttered God under his breath. “Oh! What if you taught some people how to make man-made houses and furniture?” God said excitedly.
“Great idea,” answered Jake.
Jake yelled at the crowd to come in and listen. “Now, who would like to learn to build houses and furniture? I probably need about five to six of you. You there, you too, yes you, come up sir and the person next to you,” he said while pointing to people in the crowd. Jake taught them how to build houses and furniture. In one month, all the houses were made and the people were thrilled.
Jake talked to God about his experience teaching the town folk how to make things. God was pleased and said he better returned back to his home in heaven. The community was delighted.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!