The Flesh Market

The chainsaw was buzzing and the shredder was tearing through the flesh as if it was paper. The rancid smell of rotting corpses and human waste was excruciating. It was a massacre as a scythe chopped a torso in half. Up above, in a small control room, the mastermind grinned savagely at the carnage below. Human flesh and bones sold well in the black market, earning up to five million dollars per tonne. The mastermind grinned maniacally, watching the horrific proceedings below.

Alastor shadowed the suspicious looking person secretively. Trained as special ops, he was scouring the country for Craig Malcious, the leading businessman in the black market, dealing with human flesh and bone. The man in front was Malcious’ foremost sycophants. Capturing him would provide the intel so desperately needed. Alastor increased his pace and pounced, hauling in the heavily built man to the ground. He punched the man in the stomach, winding him. “Tell me where Craig is!” Alastor shouted. The man spat in his face causing him to recoil momentarily. Gathering his wits, Alastor punched him in the jaw and a spurt of blood gushed out like lava from a volcano. “The abandoned warehouse in Summervile”, the man quickly stated.

“Good”, Alastor responded before punching the man in the head. The light went out of his eyes as he collapsed to the ground. He was unconscious.

Alastor stood in the entrance of the warehouse. He could see the traces of men walking in an out. It also helped that the pungent stench was unrestrained and easy to follow. Alastor had two guns in case they were needed. Taking a deep breath, he plunged into the darkness. Almost by chance, Alastor stumbled upon the secret panel. The wall separated to reveal a lift. There was already another lift in the corner of the warehouse so this was presumably for Craig’s use alone. It would be safe to go down in that one. Alastor went in and pressed the button.

The lift went down, and the doors opened to reveal a small control room. Inside was a man crouched over a set of buttons. Silently moving along, Alastor raised his gun and exclaimed “Get your hands behind your back very slowly!”. The man stiffened at the sound of Alastor’s voice and slowly moved his hands behind his back. He turned around slowly to face Alastor. Behind his back, his hands feverishly were trying to find the button he needed.

Suddenly, a harpoon exploded out of the wall and shoved Alastor through the viewing screen, shattering the glass. He fell into the killing zone, screaming all the while. As he landed with a thud, the exquisite machinery awoke from their deep slumber, attacking Alastor brutally. He died screaming; Just another of the market’s victims.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!