Magic Sketch Book

After school, Zac Dabatron trudged home as he was so tired. He climbed up the stairs to his room straight away and jumped into his bed.
Zac grabbed his sketch book from the shelf where he drew everyday. “What will I draw today?” He knocked the book using the pen as he was thinking. Then a wild T-Rex popped up in his mind. Zac knew why he thought of a T-Rex. His best friend Brian told him about a bully at school. They have been trying to work out how to stop him.
Just before Zac was about to colour the T-Rex, his mum called him for dinner. Zac went downstairs and quickly finished his dinner. He rushed back to his room and took out the colour pens. “Oh, My God!” The T-Rex on his book disappeared! Suddenly he heard a roar on the street. He ran to the window and looked out. There was a giant dark dinosaur towering over the house. Zac looked closely. Yes, it is! It Is the T-Rex he just drew!
Zac was shocked. Then he started to draw some other stuff, everything he drew just came to life. He heard the roar getting louder and louder like thundering from out of the window. It was a provocation. Zac knew he should do something to stop it. He quickly drew a rocket launcher, sharp arrows and some fireballs. As soon as they came to life, Zac took them to the window.
Zac aimed at the T-Rex and shot the arrows at it. The T-Rex was not frightened at all. The scales on its body were so hard, which bounced all the arrows off. Some of the arrows shattered on the street lights as a widow’s heart. The street got darker and the T-Rex looked more ferocious in the dark.
Zac saw arrows didn’t work; he decided to use fireballs. He set off the launcher to shoot the fireballs at the T-Rex. Zac could even smell the smoke of the fireballs. The T-Rex waved its body up and opened its cavernous mouth. It got the fireballs one-by-one and swallowed them. “What can I do? What can I do?” Zac walked around in his room like a car on hot bricks.
Suddenly the lasso hanging on the wall enlightened him. He dashed to the sketch book and drew a lasso in no time. He took a deep breath and used all his strength, counting three, two, and one. The lasso flied in the air whistling towards the T-Rex. The T-Rex had never seen a lasso before. He froze there for a second, trying to figure out what the lasso is. It was too late. Its both legs were entangled by the lasso. Zac pulled the lasso tightly and the T-Rex fell on the ground heavily.
Zac sat back and heaved a sigh of relief. At the same time he looked down and noticed the T-Rex back just on his book.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!