New Life

I am sprinting through the Saharan desert. Ripply is chasing me but I have the edge when I slip into a portal.
Wait, wait, wait... I will take you to the start and by the way my name is Ryan.

It all started when I was taking Arthur for a walk, when I decided to climb to the top of a tree and I knew the perfect tree. I tied Arthur to a little tree and started to climb up the tree. I was nearly at the top when the branch I was standing on snapped and I was left falling ten metres to the ground. I was ready to say goodbye when something inside of me told me I was stronger. I land on the ground with my left fist on the dirt but it was it was not normal nor my right. My left was metal with four blades coming out around my hand and my right arm was rock and was a cannon thingy.

I stumbled towards Arthur who was sitting rather respectfully and he didn’t even jump when I untied him. I jogged over to the pond feeling stronger and fitter like never before. I started to see raindrops on the pond and could see carp jumping in the rain. I could feel the slight breeze when Arthur slips into the water and I reach to grab him when the ground brings him back to the top. A metal bridge forms to make a walkway back to the edge of the water and I realise I have metal and rock powers. I walk underneath the big oak tree and could taste new life reaching for a drop of rain.

I walked back to the tree where it started at wondering how I could tell my family and friends. I sat down at the base of the tree and Arthur cuddled up next to me and I nodded off to sleep.

CRACK! Someone or something punch’s me in the back of the head. I opened my eyes and I was surrounded by black demons. There was a man standing in front of me. He demanded for my powers but I denied him and I heard one of the demon’s whisper to him that they should kill me. Then he said his name was Ripply and raised a sword above his head. I punched him so hard with my left hand that he went flying metres backwards. I run through the demons and jumped into a portal finding myself sprinting through the Saharan desert with Ripply chasing me.

I have got the edge, when I slip over and fall into a portal and hide in the nearest bush knowing I will be safe here for now but I will have to get used to this new life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!