Have A Go!

Clap! Clap! Clap!
The sound of applause sends alarms off in Tessa’s head. Terrible thoughts enter her mind that she cannot bear to think about. Terrible thoughts. What if I forget my dance? What is that step after my plié? As you can see Tessa is as worried as an elephant who is sacred of a tiny little mouse.
Then the Polish announcer who Tessa thought was Dutch calls out in a voice that could be heard from the other end of the country! “And next to the lovely Bays Water stage is Tessa McGrore”! The bad thoughts come back again. Tessa takes a deep breath as she tip-toes onto the stage like she does when her grandmother is sleeping and she does not want to wake her because sometimes she really needs her beauty sleep.
Moments later the opening music for Coppelia echoes through the large and spacious theatre. Then Tessa has the most extraordinary, amazing, wonderful feeling as the music fills her head and a lovely beaming smile breaks through her beautiful face. After her performance Tessa and her mum are confronted by a tall and very masculine man, later to soon find out that he is a director from the Western Australian Ballet Company WABC or WAB. He asks Tessa in a low posh voice if she would like to perform in the ballet ‘Swan Lake’ her beaming smile comes out again and in a high pitched voice Tessa says, ‘Yes!’ ‘Yes!’
Tessa goes home crying with happiness that day because this is what she has always wanted ever since she was born.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!