Save The Great Barrier Reef

How would it be if one of Australia’s most natural landmarks looked like a rubbish dump? It would look terrible and no one would go and visit. That is why we need to save the Great Barrier Reef. Let’s examine the facts.

Without a doubt, the Great Barrier Reef is a splendid landmark for tourists. The view is wondrous and the marine life is spectacular. If the Great Barrier Reef was as dirty as a rubbish dump, no tourist would be there to enjoy spectacular views apart from looking at a rubbish dump.

There certainly has been sea life that is endangered and extinct such as the Hawksbill Turtle, Steller Sea Lion, Hammerhead Shark, Blue Whale, Florida Mantee and much more. The reason why these sea creatures are endangered is because of pollution, global warming and overharvesting. They are the three main problems that are causing sea life to get endangered and extinct.

Why is the ocean getting polluted? There are certainly many cargo ships and the oil from the ship is polluting the water. Consequently, the animals will get sick and they lose their homes and food. Coral bleaching is very miserable for marine life. Coral bleaching is where the coral gradually starts losing its colour and then it is all gone. Don’t let these poor marine lives lose the splendid colour of their homes. Marine life are dying because of all the litter we put into the sea. That causes too much trouble!

Without a doubt, I certainly believe that the Great Barrier Reef absolutely has to be saved and protected. The Great Barrier Reef will look as dirty as a rubbish dump if we don’t respect the land, cherish what they have and if we don’t clean up the reef, it will turn out to be a pigsty. So get out there and help save the Great Barrier Reef!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!