A Coins Journey

Zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!! A coin magically appeared in front of me in the middle of the path. I lent down to pick it up but it disappeared in a blue flash.
I don’t know for sure where the coin went but I’d heard rumours of a magical world. I wanted to test my theory so I went home to try out my homemade portal.
As I stepped through the portal, everything briefly went dark blue and lightning flashed above me. In a blink it was gone and I stepped into a world which appeared green because of all the plants. A small slimy monster with beady black eyes and orange tinged skin was holding the coin. As I got closer, the monster looked up at me and howled. It then disappeared, taking the coin with it.
Another trip in the portal and another strange world to see. This one had mountains of food where plants had been. The air was stale from the food and the sky was a murky purple grey. There was a similar monster as before but this one was nearly as red as a rotten raspberry. Its floppy long hands were holding the same coin. I went to it but as I got closer, it tipped its head back and howled and disappeared with the coin as well.
The portal seemed familiar too me this time. The third world was very similar to me. It was identical to my own world except the sky was green and the grass was blue. I saw eight more monsters, in many different colours. Each one was holding a coin. I had thought something like this might happen so I lunged forward to grab at a coin. My fingers went into one of the monsters arms like jelly. The creature flinched and dropped the coin. The monsters start howling. I reach out to grab coins of all the monsters as quickly as I can. As each coin is released, the monsters disappear; the coins left behind. They must be fake. There are two final monsters left and only one coin. I reach out to swipe the yellowy one and luckily it’s the real coin. The pink monster howls and disappears. Turple monster shakes with anger.
In doing so, it drops the coin. It rolls and falls face up in the street at my feet. I reach down and pick it up. As soon as I touch the coin, I am back in the real world. Everything is normal…for now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!