Waves And Water


“Crash!” screamed the sky's sending down its reign of terror. Wielding its mights sword off power and casting it onto the unsuspecting land, forcing the waves to move faster and casting out onto the most deadly off rocks.

On the other side of this small island a young girl was watching the water, so mesmerized by how fast the water could change course she did not notice she was to the water which was drawing her in.

“ERIKA I TOLD YOU NO!” yelled a woman who closely resembled the child. The woman walked towards the child pulling her away from the water's edge.

“But mamaaaa” whined Erika looking back sadly at the waves as her mother pulled back inside.

“No buts young lady” her mother responded, ignoring her daughter as she continued whining.

“And i don’t want to see you here again, it’s to dangerous” the woman added.

But Erika continued arguing, no matter how hard she pleaded her, her mother would still not let her outside. So Erika formed a plan, at dusk she would gather the things she needed and go on a quest. A quest to survive the night on the beach. But it took alot to convince herself to do it. It’s not something you can just go and do, especially for a six year old.

But after a few minutes of talking to herself she finally was conceived to sleep outside. And she had her plan all worked out as well. She would pretend to fall asleep during bedtime then silently sneak out of the house.

Unfortunately like all plans this one wouldn’t work.
She pretended to sleep, but after waiting a while she gave up trying to fight to fall asleep and left her eyelids fall over her face.

It was much later when Erika had finally woken up from here mistaken slumber. She quickly grabbed her things from where she had left them on the floor and ran as fast as a six year old could towards the front door.
As she went to open the door, when she was suddenly blinded by light, followed by a chuckle. Erika went to look up and was so surprised by the person standing there she fell backwards.

It was her mom?! And she was laughing at her. Now Erika was very confused.

Suddenly her mother's expression hardened and the chuckling had stopped. Erika looked up towards the woman and gulped as she knew what this meant. She was in biiiiiiiig trouble.

“ What do you think you are doing!” her mother asked raising her eyebrows at her daughter.

“Mama…i…..wanted….to..see...the..waves” she replied hiccuping in between each sentence because off the tears that had just sprung into her eyes.

Her mother's eyes softened looking down at the girl.

“Go get your swimmers on sweetie” The mother spoke looking kindly down at the child.

Suddenly Erikas eyes light up in excitement and ran towards the house, knowing what was next.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!