Saving Her

Squeak! Jonathan's neatly polished clarks scraped along the recently waxed tile floors of the schools hallway, he didn't seem to of cared. He was on his way to his last class of the day.

Jonathan went to a public school in Ohio, America. You were allowed to wear anything you wanted but he still chose to dress as if he went to a private school, but even private school students didn't dress as ‘nerdy’ shall we say as Jonathan did. His usual outfit was a striped, extra large button up shirt. He didn’t need that size as he was actually as skinny as a piece of thread. He also had extremely skinny tan shorts that he would tuck the shirt into and then pull them all the way to his belly button and would then put a black leather belt in the loops to hold them there. He wore a tie with Garfield saying ‘I hate Mondays!’ and of course a pair of long golf socks and clarks to put them with. Jonathan wasn't very popular.

It was a depressing rainy afternoon. There was 3 more minutes till school finished for the weekend to finally start. In the back of the classroom sat a girl with orange hair wearing a checker skirt and a lumberjack button up t-shirt, these didn’t match together very well so she wasn't very popular but still more popular than Jonathan. Her face was covered from chin to hair line with small, orange freckles, to go well with the natural orange, shiny hair. She had always had a crush on Jonathan. She decided to ask him to go shopping over the weekend. This girls name was, Alhambra Buckingsworth.

Ring! The teacher dismissed the class. Everyone in the class stood up and all the chairs screeched along the floor from the metal legs rubbing on the tile surface. Jonathan stood up with a slightly stumped over back and he walked out of the classrooms air conditioning into the slightly steamed school hallways. Not far behind him was Alhambra stalking, waiting for the right moment to talk to him. He put his many books into his locker, took his bag and left in a hurried stroll, it was hard for Alhambra to keep up. He walked out the glass doors of the entrance of the school and the wind hit him blowing him back but not enough to noticed. Alhambra quickly ran up to him and nervously, thought twice, but finally tapped him on the shoulder.
“Hey Jonathan, would you like to go shopping with me tomorrow!” She yelled, accidentally.
“Sure,” exclaimed Jonathan.

Alhambra had left her book in the science room, she ran in to get it when a minute later, an ear screeching alarm rang through Jonathan's head making him confused. A bunch of people came sprinting in an unordered fashion. Jonathan came to his senses and felt a smooth trickle of smoke fly up his nose. There was a fire that started in the science lab. Jonathan thought for a second and then, heard a cry for help. He wasn't sure if he imagined it or not but he then again heard it another time. He realised it was coming from the distant science room of the school. He ran in and all you could hear was the squeaking of his shoes and the ear aching fire alarm. As he ran over to the science room. He peaked through the musky window of the wooden science room door and saw Alhambra close to passing out. He charged like a rhino into the door, blasting it open. He picked up her heated, lifeless passed out body in his arms and carried her right out the door frame. It was almost like a slo motion scene from an action movie when Jonathan, the geeky keep to himself kid ran out with the girl in his hands, and the bravery in his soul.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!