Old Lady Icecream

“Ohh my goodness, Frankie! Get over here! I’ve found a clue!” I shouted from behind the skip at the Old Person’s Home.
Now you’re probably wondering why two girls where crouched behind the skip. It started with a phone call. It was a sunny Saturday when my phone rang. I held the phone to my ear, “Hello, the town’s supply of ice-cream has gone missing! The police and authorities are bamboozled and have given up hope. Can you solve the case?” And with that the phone went dead. I rushed over to Frankie’s. It turns out she had gotten the same phone call. We had another case to crack.
By the way my name is Jessie and I love solving mysteries.
Me and Frankie made a list of suspects.
Tiny Tim – World’s Tallest Man
The Mayor – Biggest Ice-Cream Lover in Town
Billy-Ray-Ben-Bob – School Bully
Matt & Michelle – Town’s Dentists
We visited Tiny Tim who was sadly chewing on an ice-cream stick outside the milk bar.
“Hi! Where were you when the ice-cream went missing?” Frankie asked.
“I was being interviewed,” Tim said, “for my world record.” Melancholy, I pulled out my notebook and scribbled thru Tiny Tim.
Next was the Mayor. We found him sobbing on the floor, looking at pictures of ice-cream. Looking up he desperately begged us to solve the mystery. We told him we had it under control and he had nothing to fear… but we did.
Cautiously we approached Billy-Ray-Ben-Bob but before we could speak he spun around shouting, “Whadda you jerks want?!”
“We want to know if you stole the town’s ice-cream.” Frankie tentatively replied.
“Nhu. I was busy giving a bunch of grade 3’s wedgies,” he sneered. Before I could lecture him on how wrong it was to wedgie grade 3’s, Frankie pulled me aside. “We only have one more suspect on our list”, she hissed.
Standing on the street, outside M&M Dentist I questioned Matt and Michelle on their where-abouts.
“Ohh that’s easy! We were putting braces on the Brown’s quintuplets.”
The investigation had stalled, we were stumped. We decided to visit Frankie’s grandma at the Old Persons Home. We snuck around the back like usual, Frankie held her breath trying to avoid the usual smell of over-cooked cabbage and adult diapers. But my senses were struck with a sweet smell. Curious, I peered into the skip.
“Ohh my goodness, Frankie! Get over here! I’ve found a clue!” I shouted. Frankie rushed over, we looked into the skip - full of empty ice-cream tubs.
“Old people stole the ice-cream!” we exclaimed. We ran into the Old People’s Home and burst through the doors of the dining room. Shocked at the sight of everyone eating ice-cream, we yelled, “Stop right there, put down your spoons!”
In a whirlwind of chaos, police were called, confessions where made. Thankfully, no one was arrested after the senior citizens apologised returning the left-overs! Apparently old people love ice-cream because it’s easy to eat when you have no teeth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!