Maple Hill

Things haven't always been like this in Maple Hill. Timothy and I would go after birds just to hear their morning melodies, run freely through the sunflower fields and watch the sunset together, but now, its different. The only sound we hear in the morning are gunshots and the screaming of all the running people. Timothy and my mother are the only people I know left we're stuck underneath the house not daring to make a sound in case one of the guards hear us. We can hear them searching upstairs searching our house and my mother signals to us to get out we quietly sneak up the ladders hoping to get out but mum falls down the ladders and screams we can hear the soldiers running down the trap door while we run away. I hear a gunshot and the dying screams of my mother I look back and see my mother laying down of on the floor bleeding to her death . I cant stop crying I want to go back and hug her before she dies I start running back but Timothy carry's me. he won't drop me "TIMOTHY LET ME GO" he doesn't look like he's going to "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE FAMILY" he looks at me and he looks like he's going to cry and I feel bad his family died when he was only little and has been living with us since. "I'm sorry but it's not worth living without her he puts me down and holds my hand tightly it's funny to think about all those times we spent together as kids, we've grown much closer through the years. I gaze into his light hazel eyes oblivious to the world around me. I hear feet running towards us as Timothy leans in. We die in each others arms but I've never been happier. We may rot and be forgotten but we will be together for all eternity.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!