That Thing


As she approached the old abandoned house Samantha noticed something flicker in the corner of her eye and startled her Samantha could hear something. It sounded like a baby crying. She started to creep closer to the house and as, she grew closer,Samantha could see blood dripping down the window. Samantha felt chills running down her spine. At that moment she was too frightened to move. Something caught her eye, a statue like figure lying on the floor with a knife protruding from his stomach. I think he's dead, she thought to herself but she cautiously crept closer, looking for signs of life. Lots of blood was pooled on the floor and Samantha thought he must be dead. Just then, the body appeared to move slightly but all was quiet, too quiet fear was rising i Samantha but right at the moment because of where Samantha was, she was too frightened to move. The statue like figure opened its eyes in a strange way. As a usual human it had a black pupil but white around it. Samantha turned around and started to walk away ‘’Okay what was that?’’ she hear a groaning sound Samantha thoughts about that human like statue weren’t positive but and now samantha only has one thought and that was to run.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!