Haunted

Surprising! Exciting! Fun! All of my friends have been in the haunted house and said the exact same thing about it. I can’t for my go. It’s my turn next. They gave me a flashlight and tested that it was working because in the house it is pitch black. I walk in and they shut the doors. I switch on my flashlight. Did I? Off, on, off, on. It’s not working! I feel the floor beneath me abruptly disappear. But I’m not falling. Or am I?
I hear this weird laugh. Then a very irritating noise comes into my head and gives me a headache. “Three lives!” said a creepy voice. I then see three doors. Door One says on it “Hot And Raging Fires” Door Two says “Death Drop” and Door Three says “Lions That Have Been Starved for Three Months” I have completely no idea which way to go. I go into the “Hot And Raging Fires” door. Ouch. My head hurts. “Two lives left!” said the creepy voice. I’m guessing that means I got it wrong. The voice says “Door Three says lions that have been starved for three months. If a lion has been starved for three months it would be dead.”
I keep walking until I find another door. There are four doors and a pattern. The pattern goes “16, 06, 68, 88, ?, 98.” What is the “?”? Door One says “87” Door Two says “78” Door Three says “96” Door Four says “52”
I pick the door that says 87 on it. “One Life Left” laughs the horrid voice. So I got it wrong again. I keep walking until I see something moving. It looks translucent. I think its fluro green in colour. It sees me and starts flying towards me. Wait! Flying? What does that mean? Then I realise it must be that scary voice. It’s a ghost! It has a knife and I can now here a bunch of voices saying “Join us! Join us!” I immediately bolt the opposite direction. A brick wall and four stones with objects on them pop up from somewhere underground. The first object is a hand grenade. The second object is a bucket full of dynamite. The third stone has a sledgehammer on it and the fourth object is an apple tree with exploding apples on it. The wall has “Demolish Us!” written on it. I wonder why it says us but I remember that I have to get away from the strange and creepy ghost. I pick up the sledgehammer and wack the wall. The sledgehammer exploded but the wall is still there. I see a steel wall and chuck the dynamite at it. I throw everything at the wall. I’m sprinting when a blue ring just appears and before I can stop I’ve already run through it. “Phew.” My eyes are really blurry. I start walking in a random direction until I find someone stop me. “You won!” he says.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!