Ocean Rescue

Ryan was super excited. He was about to go on his first ever boat, and wasn’t just any boat, it was a ginormous cruise ship. Ryan couldn’t wait to get on board when his parents took him down to the pier. Finally, they were about to board the ship. It was huge! It had a cinema, a water slide, a dodgeball court, basketball rings, three restaurants and an indoor futsal court.

Ryan is a great futsal player so he couldn’t wait. After signing some forms his family could now go and do what they wanted. “Dad and I are going down to a restaurant to have a drink,” his mum told him. “Okay I’m going down stairs to play some futsal” he replied. So off he went. When Ryan arrived some other kids were just picking teams, “Can I play?” Ryan asked, “Sure” a boy about his age said. They picked teams and then started playing.

He and another boy he had met called Toni were destroying the other team, Toni would play it to Ryan, Ryan would dribble past a couple of defenders and then look like he was going to shoot but instead lay it back to Toni to score. After an hour the other team gave up, Ryan and Toni were simply just too good. “31 nil, we were unstoppable” Toni said. “We sure were” Ryan replied.

After the match Toni and Ryan went and played some dodgeball and then went back to their parents. Their families had dinner together and after that Ryan and Toni went to see what movies were on in the cinema. After watching a movie they were walking back in the wind when suddenly a huge wave came and pulled them off the boat. “Help!” Toni yelled but there was no one near enough to hear them. Ryan thought he was a goner but conveniently they landed right inside a fallen down life boat. “What are we going to do?” Ryan yelled, “We just have to wait until someone finds us” Toni replied.

After about three hours Toni said “Look what is that, I think it is a dolphin.” Just as he said that, the so called dolphin jumped at Ryan and narrowly missed his arm. “That is not a dolphin!” Ryan screamed. Toni grabbed an ore and started hitting the shark, after about five minutes the shark gave up. “That was close” Toni and Ryan said at the same time.

They had waited two days and thought they were going to die several times before they got rescued by a helicopter and put back on the cruise ship. “I’m so glad your both safe now” Ryan’s mum said and hugged them both lovingly. “The thing is Mum, we nearly weren’t” Ryan said and showed her the big great white tooth, then Toni showed her the ore he had used as a weapon. At that moment Ryan’s mum thought she was going faint. “Those boys were so lucky” she thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!