Recollections Of A Child

When we were young, we had special gatherings.
A golden penthouse where only the richest could dine
An ancient temple where only the most skilled monks could roam
A military base where only the strongest soldiers trained.
We leaked unforgiving secrets and conquered impossible tasks.
With the twitch of our thumbs we defeated formidable foes and saved the princess
If we were lucky scrumptious rewards of steaming meals and frozen deserts were for the taking.
A deadly brawl of speeding white bags erupted between us, all just to prove our might.
If time was to spare we would embrace our creativity and construct the most elegant and cozy pillow fort
Disguised as evil masterminds, we would bamboozle any victim foolish enough to answer our call.
When the night was calm we laid our heads
Discussing our love lives and all our problems.
When the tropical sun rises in the sky, it was another amazing day.
Perhaps you call it something else, but we called it

A sleepover.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!