Darkness Of Shkelz

It was a warm sunny day, when my friend and I were chilling in my backyard. I lived in a suburb, which was far apart from the city and we had a very few neighbours. It was hard time for me to move to a new place, sometimes my friend used to visit me and last Friday was one of those days. We were talking and thinking of going to the closest city to do some shopping, although travel around my state. The “Shkelz” train station was about one mile away. “Shklez” was a name of my suburb. Since my parents were away, thought we could do whatever we like and go wherever we wanted.
Finally, my friend Kate accepted to go to the city. I knew that was a last train passed on Friday night, so “we better to hurry up”- I said.
We were both excited, I’d say too excited, so when we walked out of the house I locked a door, but left the keys inside. I did not admit that to my friend. I tried to hide scare and pain, because I was worried, that when my parents would come back nobody would be at home.
We began to walk towards a railway station, the road was wet after yesterday’s rain and trees were hanging onto the paths. Sky began to get darker. We still had half way to go, thought it was slowly started to get rainy. Through the rain and wet trees, we could see the station. We walked faster. In a while we could barely see shade of a person, we were not sure who was that, but we knew he bent his hat and was walking towards a coming train. We tried to shout to that person to move away, but suddenly could not talk. We gave each other weird looks and kept starring at the stranger. We already were sure there was a man who was wearing black, he almost stepped on the rail. He stood up in the middle, in front of a coming train. Although train driver did not notice him, but train was coming slow. Later we saw the train coming by itself. We were scared. We did not know what to do since we could not even speak. In few minutes a train went past fast. It passed through the black man. We were shocked. He slowly started turning our way, we tried not to look, but could not control our bodies. Suddenly all went black. I thought I was dead. When I open my eyes, I was standing at the place of that person, I quickly jumped to the side, so I won’t get hit. Kate was near me. We were staring at the empty station. We decided to go back home. Somehow, I found keys in my backpack.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!