I Looked Under My Bed And I Couldn’t Believe My Eyes

One Monday morning at the start of the term, I was looking for my school uniform. I looked in my cupboard but it wasn’t there. I looked in my draw but it wasn’t there. I even looked on the clothes line, but it wasn’t there! I looked everywhere but it was nowhere to be found!
I decided to look in the place that everything is when I can’t find it. Under my BED! I slowly kneeled down and peeked through the small gap. I could hear buttons beeping nonstop after each other. I could feel stiff metal that was closing in on my fingers. It smelt like my old plastic dolls. I couldn’t see what it was so I moved away all the clothes I had stuffed there earlier.
I wouldn’t believe my eyes. Standing there before me was a food-making, bedroom-cleaning, soccer-playing, chore-doing, fast-running robot! The exciting thing was the fact that it is mine!
I played with the robot for a little while and then I looked at my watch. I was late for school! I can’t just take a day off because my mum will find out. I thought, since it is a fast-running robot, I could just put some clothes on it and then I will be at school and home! I looked at all the clothes under my bed that I pushed away before. My uniform was there. I put it on my robot and sent it to school. Nobody even noticed and I had a day off! The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!