Night Of Knights

Pittter patter pitter patter… CLANK! THUD! The soft howl of the wind whistled in my ears, as the rain drops slid down my silver visor. Looking for shelter, I wished my horse hadn’t run away on this dark, stormy night. I, Alexander the IV, was a legendary knight. I have everything a knight could want. I was leader of the Red Knights, the knight squad for only the best knights, the biggest hut of all knights and had the most beautiful wife. It was a wonderful life, unless you were me at the moment. Dragging my heavy, silver armour along the wet ground, looking for shelter on this rainy night.

CRACK! BOOM! The lightning illuminated the dark sky, giving light for a brief moment. It gave enough time to hastily check my surroundings. Rock, rain, rain, cave! “Yes!” I yelled out loud. I sprinted ahead and suddenly, the rain that was almost making my expensive armour rust stopped. I was about to stretch out my limbs and lie down on the hard but comfortable ground, when a voice said to me, “If you lie down, I will stab you while you sleep.”. The voice made me almost slip and fall on my back. I quickly drew my sword. “Face me then.” I called back, braver than I felt. A shadow stepped out between two rocks. A helpful flash of lighting made me see who was facing me.

My jaw dropped. The one who was facing me was holding a sword and wearing armour just like mine. He was a knight, like me. The most legendary knight ever in knight history. Gabriel the II was facing me. “ But I thought you were a myth.” I said to Gabriel. Gabriel was an even more legendary knight than I was. But unlike me, and nobody knew why, he ran away from the castle many years ago. Many claimed to know him, but no one ever believed them. Gabriel swung his sword with a soft swoosh. “You enter my cave, then we fight to the death.” he said with a menacing growl. He took a couple of steps towards me. “If you are a proper knight, you should know what to do.” he said as he started to bend his back. It suddenly hit me. I had to bow! I started to to bend my back, but Gabriel growled, “I have already done it, you should have been quicker!”. SWISH! I knew what Gabriel was doing, and had to quickly roll away. His sword missed me and hit the rocky floor. I took a blind swing at Gabriel. OOF! My sword hit his shoulder. Blood started pouring out. He uttered an angry growl. We both swung our swords at the same time. Clank! I quickly swung again. Before Gabriel knew what was happening, my sword was in his chest. His eyes widened, as he fell backwards onto the ground. I stretched my limbs and at last I lay on the rocky floor.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!