Odd

A V-shaped line of jets raced overhead, very low overhead. We were starting to get used to these odd daily, darting flights around our town. We began noticing it in class. They were first black streaks in the air, then they transformed into black birds and then were finally back jets. When we asked our parents about the jets they responded, “Oh Carl, I thought you were over imaginary games”. It started to become frustrating. The same things happen to my friends, “Josh, what great imagination you have…Sam, what book did you get that from”, I’m not sure what their parents said but it was probably similar.
After the first half a dozen waves, we all agreed to write down any sort of odd coincidences. The first was, how are the jets different to our own army’s planes? The problem was we can’t see what the planes look like, all we know is that their black and silent. We used Google to find info, however there are black jets in our army but to the world’s knowledge we haven’t created completely silent guns and I doubt l not silent jets.
The second coincidence was that the windmills weren’t operating the way they should be. They were all spinning in different directions. We chose to go for a bike ride up to them after school. We met at the Water Tower at 3:45.
“How far are we from it?” said Sam, “Cause I have to be home by 8 and you know how my parents are”
“Don’t worry it’s only a few Ks away” said Carl, “But you can’t back down now, not after what Josh has been through”
“Ok, let’s not waste any more time” Sam enthused upon us, “I’m already tired”
We didn’t talk much; the ride didn’t take any time.
“So, what are we looking for?” Josh asked, “I don’t see anything out of the ordinary around here, except the rotation of the windmills”
It was quite noticeable due to the screeching sounds of the mills spinning in the wrong direction.
“Well as I’ve explained to you a thousand times, I can plug myself into the windmills recording systems through some of the loose cables and try to access their files about the recent weather changes”, Sam said “Just look for a small blue cable”.



“Found it, it was under this bush for some reason” Josh said, “It looks damaged”
“Ok, I need to go to the bathroom, so I’ll leave one of my .bash files running which should easily break through the main firewalls, government firewalls are badly programmed, and gather all the files” Josh explained, “DO NOT TOUCH!!!”
“Okay, okay” Sam and Carl said,” We understand”
I was only gone for less than five minutes and their there were…


DEAD

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!