Washed Away

Digging my toes into the warm moist sand, I plummet under the monstrous waves that were bashing against each other, as they crashed into the powder like sand. The waves grabbed me like a tiger snatching its prey.
I was taken, snatched from the world, never to be seen again. I felt a little somewhat nibble on my right thigh, I turned to look what it was but I couldn’t see anything. Then… I saw two big bulging eyes staring into my soul. Stalking me. I was its next meal about to be demolished by its razor sharp teeth, crunched one by one breaking every bone in my body.
It chased after me like a plane landing on the runway. It was wild. The blood leaking from my right thigh attracting more and more sea creatures ready for their next meal. I was swarmed, was it the end? I suddenly saw a bright light from the corner of my eye, was it safety? I swam to it urgently. I didn’t take any chances I needed to get away.
I surprisingly realised that it wasn’t safety it was the end. There was no way out! The creatures were getting close, too close! I was consumed by blinding fear and I lost all sense of time and place.
A calm washed over me as I was taken back to my 5TH birthday, I was in my Big Bird chair, sitting in front of a three storey chocolate covered vanilla cake, with five red Elmo candles. With green whipped cream all around, my heart was filled with joy as I surrounded by the people who love me.
The memory faded as life ebbed from my body, I would never celebrate another birthday again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!