Falling

I slumped down in my chair in front of my desk, wishing that my homework would just disappear. I searched the room for some kind of excuse to get out of the house, only to find myself disappointed. I tilted my head my head up at my ceiling fan which was blowing my long brown fringe into my dark blue curious eyes. I sighed, leaning back in my chair. I leant back further, then to my dismay, I fell backwards! “Whoa!” I waved my hands around trying to balance myself, but I fell anyway. I expected to hit the soft carpet of my bedroom floor, but instead I hit a fast moving stream with a SPLASH! I gasped for air and then saw a huge rock rushing towards me. I hit it with a sickening THUD and everything went black.

I slowly opened my eyes to see a tempestuous sky above me. Rolling over, I saw that I was floating in a wide, slowly moving river. Panic struck me. I waved my hands around, splashing water everywhere, but I just couldn’t amass enough strength to reach the bank. In some of the tall trees which surrounded the river were some monkeys, trying to make cover for there was a light rain starting to fall. I would usually enjoy this sight, except I was feeling quite cantankerous after a rough ride further upstream. I began to hear a raging sound ahead. The river took me around a bend where, to my horror, was a waterfall! “Hmm, that is strange.” I thought to myself. The river was taking me to the bottom of the waterfall, meaning that I was facing it, and that I wouldn’t fall down it. “Phew!” I sighed with relief. Then the river picked up speed and I was now racing towards the waterfall at incredible speed. “AAAGGHH!” I screamed, trying to swim away, which I knew was never going to work. I reached the waterfall a waited for my death. Nevertheless, I went straight up straight UP the face of the waterfall! “AAAGGHH!” I shrieked, double the sound as before. The waterup (waterfall that goes up) kept on taking me up. Just when I was starting to enjoy it, a HUGE gust of wind hit me like a truck and knocked me out of the waterup! I fell screaming towards the river far below, falling to my doom. A typical way for me to go out. I closed my eyes, waiting for death to fall upon me, well actually, for me to fall upon it.

I opened my eyes to find myself on my bedroom floor, after falling out of my chair. “What a show!” Mum applauded from the doorway, pulling a video camera away from her face, smiling. “Oh,” I quickly jumped to my feet and straightened my shirt. “Err, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said innocently, sitting at my desk, now with a brilliant idea to add to my story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!