Me Stranded In The Desert!

Stranded, no food, no water, no life left in my soul.
Stranded. My heart is beating, my time is slipping.
Stranded, in the desert with the burning sun reflecting on my face,
And the blazing hot temperature was filling up my body and my palms were slipping.
The sand felt smooth but hot, and my body was sinking in.
Red, orange, white, yellow and blue blinded my eyes, as I looked up in the sky, with hotness overflowing in my eyes.
The heat rays sting my face, my hair drenched in sweat.
A few roadrunners zoomed through my feet,
rattlesnakes slither silently through bushes.
The hot wind whistles through the desert,
leaves cracking and breaking through the stillness of the night.
Nothing green in the desert only yellow, as the birds were chirping
and singing the camel, walked across them.
A desert seems empty, but open your eyes, each sand you come to has a surprise.
Sun shine goes and so do I. I’ll see you next time in your next surprise.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!