Night In The Mist

The last time that I walked out here I could barely see anything so I ran back inside. I haven’t been outside since then, it’s like I’m allergic. Tonight I need to go there because my aunty is here and I don’t want to let her down by not seeing her. My aunty likes to tell scary stories and they scare me a lot so I decided that I took a torch. I walked outside. My aunty wasn’t in my sight. The butterflies in my stomach were dancing around.
My torch turned off. I couldn’t see anything at all. I felt like crying and just running back inside, but I wouldn’t because I don’t want to let my aunty down. My feet clenched the wet soil and I was fighting my way to the back of my garden where my aunty would probably be. I don’t want anything else to happen so I can see my aunty and not go into this mist ever again.
I started to walk very fast and I heard some loud wind. The mist went went into my face and I could barely see anything again. I wasn’t going to cry and run back inside because I was determined to see my beloved aunty. It got darker and the only thing I could see was the night sky and the stars but only when I looked up. My mum was inside and was counting on me to get my aunty. It started sprinkling and I found it starting to rain.

It rained very heavily and I couldn’t see anything anymore. I fell to the ground and I felt dizzy. I stood back up because I was determined to see my favourite aunty. I forced my body to walk through the heavy rain and wind. I thought if I pushed a little harder I would make it to my aunty. My mum was probably getting angry inside because she had dinner ready. I could smell it. The smell brought me back inside and I knew I wasn’t going to make it to my aunty in time. Maybe I could have a little taste mum. “Sure,” my mum exclaimed. That took a few minutes and it was a bit to hot so I went back out to finish my mission to find my aunty.

When I reached the area where my aunty would be she was not there. I wondered to myself why isn’t she there? My mum called my name, “Alicia, come inside it is the wrong night your aunty is coming next week. Let’s have have this delicious dinner that I have made especially for your aunty, you and I. “This is really nice. Can we have it when aunty comes over?” “Sure, but it is time for bed now.” “Good night mum.” “Good night darling.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!