I Pressed The Button And.......

Kids playing tips, teachers talking, girls gossiping about their crushes, Layla laughing with tears, could this day get any better? One day at recess time, my friends and I saw a treasure map, did it lead to a secret place? We didn’t know, nobody knows where it leads to.
“Sshhh,” shushed Brooklyn
“What, sshhh?” I replied
“How about we keep it as a secret and do it in our free time?” said Hannah
Time passed and the school was not filled with children. When... ‘CRASH!’ I heard.
“What was that?” I asked Brooklyn
“What was what?” she replied
“AAARGHH!!” shouted Layla while jumping towards us
“Layla! Were you trying to scare us?” asked Hannah
“Pfftt, no,” she replied guiltily
So, we followed the treasure map and then it stopped at a house from ‘Stonecutters’, ‘DING-DONG’ the doorbell rang.
“Yes?” asked the person who lived there
“Wait a minute… is this Alicia’s house?” asked Layla
“Layla? Ava? And Brooklyn? What are you guys doing here?” asked Mrs Jones (Alicia’s mum)
“And, who are you?” she added, talking to Hannah
“I’m Hannah, nice to meet you”, replied Hannah happily.
Mrs Jones called Alicia from her room until she came down. Mrs Jones was confused about why we were in their house but don’t worry we told her everything.
“Mum can I go with them?” asked Ali
Ali is the nickname for Alicia sooo…ok back to the story.
“Yes please Mrs Jones?!” I asked with hope
“Ugh! Fine but be careful though”, replied Mrs Jones
“Yay!” we all screamed
Mrs Jones gave us cookies for our journey, just in case we got hungry.
Okay, TRACKING…TRACKING…TRACKING…TRACKING.
“Uff!” Brooklyn screamed.
Brooklyn is that one friend who tells everyone how she feels and when I meant ‘FEELS’ I mean ‘DIVA’. But having a bossy friend is the best.
Okay…! Back to the stoorryy!
“Are you ok?” asked Hannah
Hannah is the caring friend like…she acts like my mum, wise, caring, helpful.
“Layla, cheer Brooklyn up!” I told Layla
“Ok!” she replied
So Layla did a funny face to make Brooklyn be happy again, in fact she made us all happy again.
“What is this place?” asked Ali
If you’re wondering, this place looked very old, like nobody ever goes here.
“Wait a minute”, said Layla “I remember this place.”
“As if she has a long-term-memory”, whinged Brooklyn
“Shut up…you…you Brooklyn!!” I replied
I felt sorry for shouting at Brooklyn it’s just because she’s having a ‘DIVA moment’. While Brooklyn was cooling off we all saw a button and it was an old one. So I pressed the button and…it was silent.
“Wait for it…” said Layla. We all heard a crumbling sound but then…
“AAAHHH!!” we screamed because we all fell into a trap at the same time.
To Be Continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!