OLIVIA'S Story Part1

And then it happened! I was finally getting adopted by the Larissas. They had a son whose name was Robert. They also lived in a mansion with real maids! How cool! I am Olivia and I'm 12.I live in an orphanage in Heartlake City, My Parents died when I was 6 -in a terrible car crash. As Mr and Mrs Larissa signed forms, I kept a close eye on Robert – it's my way of seeing what people are like, and I've never had a brother – let alone a brother who is 15!
“Hey Olivia, why are you watching me so closely?” Robert grunted.
“Because …” I replied.
“What?” Robert said impatiently.
So that's what 15-year-old boys are like – they just grunt, eat, play on their DS, go to the bathroom, and nothing else! I thought. After half an hour, Mr and Mrs Larissa were ready to help me get together my things.
First we went to my classroom. I collected my books and pencil case, next we went to my dorm and I took my clothes, shoes and toys and I packed them in a suitcase that Ms Twines had given me. After that we were ready to go. I am so excited! Rumour had spread throughout the orphanage that the Larissa family lived in a mansion and were very rich. I couldn't believe the whispers. Now, I get to see for myself.
“Olive, get in the car!” yelled Robert. “Hurry up!”
“Who, me?” I asked.
“Yes you!” He yelled again.
“My name is not Olive, it's Olivia, Robert,” I explained.
“You two, hurry up!” a shrill voice yelled. It was my new mum. (Mrs Larissa.)
“Ok,” I replied. Their car was a limo, so I hopped in the car. 15 minutes later we arrived at the gates of a mansion – they were rich! I slowly stepped out of the car and walked to the door. Mr Larissa and WHAM! - I was whisked away by two maids! I was taken to a posh bedroom.
“Hello Olivia, I'm Gloria, and this is Flora,” one maid began. She motioned towards the second maid. “We are your maids, now this is your room.” I was in a room painted pink! There was also a pink bedspread, a pink lamp, a pink bedside table, a pink desk, a pink iPad case (with an iPad inside!), a pink desk chair, and some pink curtains. Also, all my new pencil cases, pens, books, erasers, clothes, shoes, socks, tissue boxes, and you name an accessory, and it was there. And all of them were pink. How cool! Since my favourite colour was PINK! Even my clock was pink! I put my suitcase down and unpacked. Where would I go to school? I thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!