The 1984 War

It was 1984. The war was nearly over it all happened so fast, frightening, and scary. I saw a nuke targeting the top of a house. I ran as fast as a lightning flash, when suddenly I passed this poor dog. I realised it had sadness in its eyes, as if it lost its family. I felt sorry for the black dog, so I told it, “come over here and join me” and he came to me. We both ran to the house that was going to get bombed and destroyed. As I got to the house, I was starting to get tired but I managed to hold on to the dog before I shut my eyes and I just fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning and I found myself under a horse carriage. I bumped my head as I got up to stretch. This strange lady came to me and said, “hello mister, what are you doing under there?” I replied, “I just woke up and may I ask where am I?” “You’re in Village Oakastop.” “Okay… thanks… wait, one more question: do you know how I got here? And what am I wearing?” “Don’t you know you’re wearing archer clothes?” the lady said. “Oh! But how did I get here?” I asked again. “You were brought by King botswa’s knights and he told them to put those clothes on you and leave you under the horse carriage. The Kind said they had to wait for you to wake up so that you can go speak to him about becoming a vegetable farmer.” I was still very confused about what was going on, but I asked for directions and headed north.

After a long journey, I finally got to King Botswa’s castle. I stepped inside and I saw the King. He looked at me mysteriously and said, “welcome stranger, I am King Botswa.” I begged, “please take me back to where I came from.” “Yes, but only after you work as a carrot farmer.” “NO WAY! I’d rather be a person that cleans houses.” The King looked at me strangely and said, “hmm… I suppose that could be your job... so I say it shall be your job. BUT this is the terms: You have to give me $20 before you can leave.” I desperately wanted to see my family so I found a broom and bucket of water, and started looking for a way to pay my debt. Suddenly I felt something pulling on my pants. It was a little five-year-old boy. He said “hello mister, my family’s barn yard needs to be cleaned.” The barn was very filthy but it was worth it. I finished and guess how much they gave me? $40 dollars! I quickly ran back to King Botswa, paid my debt and his knights took me home. The king was shocked but I didn’t care because I lived happily ever after with my family

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!