War Bear

My head pounded, just thinking about what I got myself into. The military what was I thinking, I got up and started packing my bags, I got in the car then left. As soon as I stepped onto the field I heard gunshots, children screaming the whimpers of youth and the sound of crackling grenades being looted. Most of my troop was telling me to get down but, I was frightened. I looked down, I saw what looked like a child's teddy bear. I picked it up it was torn, tattered, stitched, and dirty. It looked like a war bear, then I named him Anzac Ted. I held him in my hand.
He gave a glimmer of hope I loaded my gun, I knew the history of this bear was strong. I silently went into the trench. I ducked warning others a grenade was coming, one could not hear I screamed then he dropped, I ran to him with Anzac Ted "Sergeant”. His pulse was not thriving, a tear dropped on Ted then like a miracle he was alive, Anzac Ted was not ordinary, he was special, he was what seemed like magic, we loaded our guns then began shooting, it was silent we slowly stood up. Then I realized that he was a miracle waiting to happen. I knew in my heart he would get me and my troop home safely.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!