Barda And The EVIL Guardian

There was a beautiful village at the foot of a mountain away from all the villages. The rising sun brightened the village making it the most beautiful scenery one had ever seen. Many people with families lived inside the village. They lived in huts and they ate and grew their own vegetation. Inside the village there was a sacred well that could heal people. The people of the village knew about this well and they kept it as a secret. They didn’t allow people from outside to enter the village to use the well. The well could only be used by the pure and the innocent. If used by evil people, it would bring great destruction to the people of the village. Also the well will lose all its pureness.
The village had a guardian whose job was to protect the village. He was supposed to stop anybody from entering the village. The guardian was a very mean, greedy and evil person. He hated the children in the village. He was very lonely and he didn’t have a family. He wanted to get rid of all the people in the village. He always thought about plotting evil. One day a group of people traveled from far and wanted to enter the village. The travelers begged the guardian to allow them to enter the village. The guardian knew that the children were watching him and he decided to play the nice guy. He told the travelers that they cannot enter the village because there is a sacred well in the village.
Meanwhile a young boy by the name of Barda of the age of 17 was wondering about the sacred well conversation between the guardian and the travelers. He knew very well that no one should speak about the sacred well. Barda knew that the guardian didn’t like the villagers and never celebrated any festival with them. That night Barda couldn’t sleep well. He kept on tossing and turning in his bed. After a while he decided to go out for a stroll. As he came closer to the gate of the village, he could hear some shuffling sound and people talking.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!