A Crime In Texas

An old shrub standing tall, not a whisper to be heard. Can smell nothing but salty air, riding along a road of nothing. Can hear the crunch of earthy rocks and can feel the wind blowing past. His long, rugged clothes were flying around as a group of strom clouds crowd above, going on a journey past the never ending road.

His old wrinkly hands slowly slipped down the steering wheel as he got more and more tired. His bald head felt the cold wind as his desired heart pushed him to the finished. He was so desperate to help his sick, poor family, but he was missing something, money. So he continued on a journey to achieve his goal.

In the distance he saw a shed like building. He drove a little closer to check out what it was. He was speechless. He couldn't believe his eyes. He had successfully achieved his goal. He took a quick peek through the front window and saw that there was no one in the bank, he took his jackhammer and broke the door down. Suddenly alarms went off...

He felt like he had failed, but he realised he had enough time to grab two sacks of money. He bolted out of the bank. He put the money in the car and drove off, the old man didnt realise that there was a police station underground. A group of police men came bolting out of the station like cheetahs. They chased after the old man. The old mans car stopped, he thought his life was over, but it wasn't. His car just needed another start, and when he did that he had company, the police. The old man quickly drove off trying to dodge the police cars. The sirens became louder and louder, the police came closer and closer. The old man got caught, he was pulled out of his car and thrown to the ground. The coldness of the handcuffs made his spine shiver. Now he thought his life was really over.

The next day he was chucked into a cell, feeling guilty about the past. He was unable to communicate with anyone and used a bucket as his toilet. There was no shower and all he had was a thin blanket. Towards midnight his cell stunk.

The next morning he was sent to a room and had to talk to the head officer about what he did. He told the head officer about his family, the head officer was speechless. He felt so sorry for him and was kind enough to lend him half of the money he had stolen. The old man spend the money wisely on his family. He treated them with love and respect. He told himself never to go outside yourself ever again. The end.








FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!