Umbrella Of Doom

It’s a dark and stormy night. My uncle is studying bugs with Professor McGonald at a lab in London. Professor McGonald has a long white beard and cold blue eyes.. He has discovered some highly poisonous insects like green yellow and black spider that can kill you. For some bizarre reason it will take you to hell no matter what. My uncle looked out of the window and it was raining. It sounded like the sky was falling down. Professor had forgotten his umbrella so they were looking for one. Ding dong, the doorbell rang. There was a Postman with 100 boxes. “That’s odd,” my uncle thought to himself. 29 of the boxes were opened. A shiver went down my uncle’s spine. He remembered seeing a creature opening boxes in the boat ride to this lab. It was shaped like an umbrella and changed into a big green monster. My uncle could only remember one thing about the umbrella/monster. It was talking to a robot. The robot was whispering, “Change into the thing with the emerald eye.” At this very moment, Professor found an umbrella. The weird thing about this umbrella was that it had an emerald eye. My uncle sprinted to tell him not to open it but the Professor ignored him. Then my uncle gasped in horror. There were red needles hanging from the umbrella waiting for someone to sting. Suddenly, my uncle heard a blood-curdling scream. The old Professor was never seen again and my uncle was blamed for the murder. The only people who know about this is my family who informed the Police. The Police did not believe us. Me and my parents begged him to let my uncle out but the Policeman said no. My grandfather was about to hit the Police with his walking stick but my dad said, “Let’s go before things get aggressive.”
15 years later... I am watching my favourite show on TV. It is called adventure of monsters, when I hear a knock on the door. I don’t answer. The door knocks again. It is driving me nuts so I answer. It is my mum, dad grandma and grandpa. “What are you doing here?” I say. “Channel 24, now,” says my dad. The look on his face is quite serious. There is a woman on TV. “MR Walker please turn up to the town hall immediately! Thanks for turning up Mr Walker!” Then she takes of her face mask and turns into a monster. “I DON’T LIKE YOU MR WALKER!” she says in a slimy voice. We drive to the TV station and went directly to the stage and then things get violent. I punch the monster in the nose and it howls like a wolf and leaves us alone. It was never heard of or seen again. My family proves that my uncle is innocent. My uncle comes up to us and says, “Thank you for not giving up on me!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!