Heartbroken

Heartbroken

I rushed to school but I was too late. The bell had rung. On my way to the office I saw a strange sight. Two of the grade sixers from my class were swapping Pokomon cards. I was about to tell them off when I realised that one of them was the love of my life, Jackson Sharsky. I stopped abruptly and stared at him dreamily. A bird flew past me and snapped me back to life. I continued toward the office and collected my late slip just in time for parade.

“Why are you so late?” asked my BFF Lola as I sat down. “I was finishing off my homework”, I lied. Parade took forever! I got really bored after only ten minutes so I fiddled around with my handball. At lunch, I went to see if I could get us a good spot, when Jackson came up to me and asked me to sit with him. “Sure”, I answered. I could feel my face begin to burn. “Rad”, he said in his awesome cool kid tone. I was so excited that I had forgotten all about Lola.

The next day I woke up early so I could get to school on time. I met Jackson at the gate and walked to class with him. Over the next few days we hung out with each other a lot. Because I was so busy with Jackson I had completely forgotten about Lola. Lola came up to me one morning. She said something I didn’t want to hear. “You’re not my friend anymore because you never hang out with me anymore”, she told me. I was so upset. I didn’t want this to happen. I only wanted to hang out with the love of my life. An hour later at lunch time, Jackson walked up to me and said words that I definitely didn’t want to hear! “I don’t want to hang out with you anymore. You’re not cool enough” he said with a careless tone. Now I was definitely upset! Losing two friends in one day was not very nice.

I sat alone at lunch time. I didn’t talk to anyone. I was heartbroken. Lola couldn’t bear to see me like this. She walked up to me hesitantly. “I’m sorry”, she said. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. Can we still be friends?” she asked. “Of course we can”, I replied. After that everything went back to normal. Jackson hung out with his friends and Lola and I were friends again. I’m definitely not heartbroken now!

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!