The Dragon Hunters: The First Light

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

Aidan ran through the ancient tunnel with a dragon hunting him down, he was moving quickly but he knew the dragon would reach him in a matter of minutes. He would need a Miracle. Aidan seemed to be getting faster and faster till he fell through the cracks in the floor. It was only a short drop till he hit the chamber floor. through the darkness, Aidan could see what looked like a circular hatch. He scrambled over to it and as he finally reached it, it wasn't a hatch it was a shield.
The shield was different to most, on the faceplate it had a mysterious rune in the centre he took it from the wall and a suit of armour became visible, it was floating mysteriously. The armour consisted of two gauntlets that reached past the elbow, two boots with a chest plate with the mysterious rune on it as well and finally there was a futuristic helmet, a helmet with a glass face and a metal body. The armour liquified and became attached to him, he shook his gauntlets, to test them and a sword liquified onto the left hand. The sword had a magnificent hilt and a daring blade, Aidan noticed a slight blue tinge to the blade, Aidan suddenly became very exited.
Aidan could feel the energy from the armour, the shield liquified and it attached it's self onto the right gauntlet of the armour. The energy flew through Aidan and he felt like he could do anything, he became very powerful. Blue energy was filled through the cracks and veins of the armour and he became a Dragon Hunter. Their memories flooded Aidan's mind as he tried to wrap himself up to what just happened, he realised he is a warrior and he was destined for great things, he knew he was a Dragon Hunter. Aidan's armour lifted him up to the tunnel, the dragon was laying there waiting for him. The dragon noticed Aidan and it got up from resting and charged. His shield's blue energy shined bright, the dragon ran straight into the shield and Aidan pushed him away. The dragon rolled over, Aidan ran towards him but the dragon dispensed fire out of it's mouth.
Aidan try's to dodge the flames, Aidan got onto the back of the dragon and stabs the blade into the dragon's neck. The dragon fell to the ground and the tunnel shook, the tunnel started to cave in. The sand flowed through the tunnel and the dragons corpse was thrown around, Aidan's only way out was the way in. He ran to the opening and he thought to himself, how am I going to run in this armour. The armour liquified and it became a backpack, this is more like it he mumbled. He reached the opening of the tunnel and he climbs out, the desert's dunes were vast and open. The backpack became armour again and he thought to himself, this is going to be fun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!