Taken In

None of us are to blame. All we did was give him one little pill so he would go a big drowsy and maybe pass out for a bit. But someone is trying to blame it on us but who could it be? I can't think of one single person that hates us all that much to try to frame us of murder.

Ava and Julie have already been questioned by the police and I'm next. I'm sitting at the police station in a room by myself waiting for someone to come question me about everything I know from that night when Nolan dies at his party. I've got sweat dripping from my forehead and I feel a bit nauseous. I just really want to go home and pretend that none of this ever happened. I've never been in a police station before let alone being questioned by police that think I might have something to do with Nolan's death. Yeah fair enough you could say that we hated him but we would never kill him, not even after what he did to us.

Two tall men walk into the room and sit down on the other side of the table. One of them that has a big bushy beard like Ned Kelly's starts asking me questions like what my full name is and when my birthday is. But then he starts asking me questions like did Nolan ever do anything to me to make me really angry at him. I answered most of them truthfully adding in a few lies here and there to sound as not guilty as possible. When they were done they escorted me into another room where Ava and Julie were sitting patently. When the men left we started to talk about all the questions that they asked us being cautious of what we said in case someone was listening from outside the room.

We waited in that room for what seemed like hours with other people from school and the party coming in every 5 or so minutes. When they were done interviewing everybody 2 police officers charged into the room and made eye contact with everybody. I wasn't sure what was going on and I was really scared. They walked past Ava then Julie then stopped at me.

“Mia John, you are under the arrest for the murder of Nolan Hotchkiss. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can be used against you in the court of law.”

“B…but I didn't do anything.” I cried. “I swear I'm innocent.”

They put my hands in cuffs and dragged me screaming out of the room.

I woke up back in my bedroom sitting on the wooden floor leaning against my bed. I sit there staring into space realising it was all just the book.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!