Volley's Match

It’s time, the one and only chance I’ve got to prove I’m worthy. Volleyball is my life I cannot ruin this chance. The team on the other side of the net step into their positions. You could hear the crowd screaming like there was no tomorrow. My hands were shaking, they were sweating like they’ve just eaten chilli sauce. Justina was the server on the other team, she was staring at me through the holes of the net. Justina threw the ball up in the air, I knew she was going for a spike, so I moved back a step. Volleyball is my life, I cannot ruin this chance. She jumped high in the air like a rocket going for blast off. She slammed it straight for me, and then it happened... This could change my life forever!
“Amy, it’s yours!” Paris my best friend exclaimed. I took another step back and... BANG!! Straight on my head.
“But wait it’s still in the air?” I questioned myself.
I realised, as the ball hit my head it bounced over the net and... There it landed as straight as a stick. Right on the silky, hot sand it landed on my opponent's side. I couldn’t believe it, my mind was blown! I couldn’t help but to scream my lungs out as the team joined me. We Won!
The team picked me up and repeated, “WildFlys, WildFlys, WildFlys!!”
The minute I got home, I couldn’t wait to tell mum, I didn’t know where to start! The ball hitting my head or when everyone was cheering on for me...
I told my mum everything, she was so proud! I can’t wait until next Saturday.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!