Jacks Letter

Jacks letter
It was 1940 and the war had just begun. As I hide in the trench listening to gun shots get fired, I hear my best mate, “jack, jack, help me please,” I think he went out of the trench and might of got hit in the chest. “Now this is bad.” My best mate Bill is a risk of life here. Bill has helped me get thru the whole time I have been in war.
The brightness of the sun is darkening and by the looks of this, it might be a full moon. (When it is a full moon, the German bombers try to bomb)
It is now day two since Bill was hit. He is pulling thru very well but getting weak. It did end up being a full moon last night and the German did try to bomb, but missed which is good. I really dislike full moons out here in the middle of nowhere because we need to stay up all night. If I did not tell you in my last letter, it is hot here in Africa and Sandy. Whenever I butter my toast, it is brown before I eat it.
I am bucketing out with tears because Bill just passed away from the wound with the bullet and the gun. Bill did a super swell job of getting thru for a couple of days after the bad scene. That is the hardest thing about war, losing your best mates. I suppose that is war. I hope to get it all out of my head and stop talking about it.
So onto the last few letters you sent! Thank you so much for the 10/- for the canteen. However, because I am in frontline I cannot go to the canteen. The 10/- and all the family stuff is in a little pouch in my bag safe and sound.

I am afraid I need to say by for now and hope to meet you all again soon so by for now love you all.


Brother jack

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!