Key Hole

Rose squinted her curious blue eye through the rusty key hole. Her gaze met another eye it was not blue like hers though, it was a dark red eye. It looked as if it was staring into her soul. Rose leapt backwards and scampered up the creaky wooden stairs. What was down there? She thought, sitting there overwhelmed despite the many thoughts buzzing through here head. She didn’t dare tell her mother knowing exactly what she’d say. Rose flopped back onto her bed, "DINNER” her mother called.
Watching her baby sister gobble mouthfuls of some sort of puree, rose drank a huge gulp of water, spitting it out almost immediately seeing a figure emerging from the darkness. A red eye stared at her and then as though the figure was melting into the ground. It was gone. “ROSE” her mother shrieked “GET THOSE ELBOWS OFF THE TABLE!” Rose scurried upstairs and jumped into her bed. No one will ever understand! She thought drifting off into a deep sleep.
“WAARRRHH” Rose woke to the sound of her baby sister Willow. Rose crept out of bed but then suddenly the crying had stopped. It was silent once more, but Rose didn’t feel to sure Willow wold have stopped so suddenly. “CREAK” the sound travelled up the stairs someone is down there she thought, someone has Willow!
Rose’s walk turned into a sprint as she searched the house for any trace of her sister. The only noise was her mothers snores echoing around the house, that wasn’t safe anymore. Rose started walking upstairs wiping the tears from her face. Suddenly she drifted into a day dream.
A key, so shiny it could blind you sang to rose in her dream. Use me well as I can kill, if you don’t go write your will. Floating further into the dream, Rose saw her brother William who died so long ago, but it felt like yesterday to her. Rose suddenly woke up and knew what to do. She ran into her bedroom.
The room was dark with just a ray of moonlight leaking in from the curtain, water drops scattered all over the crusty floorboards. Rose noticed a dint in one of the floorboard, gliding her finger along the wood she lifted it up. She had discovered the golden key, use well engraved on the metal. Rose knew exactly what door this key opened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!