BANG

BANG

The Cats swarmed into action. They swallowed the building as they moved to cover. They looked harmless, but there was a danger in their eyes. Maybe it was how they were watching their target squirm under their crushing grip. One of the Emperors buildings. One of the holding cells for his money. A dangerous target, but worth it.

BANG

Jupiter was in charge. Everyone looked to her. Her long hair did not wait for wind to flow through it, and a scornful look adorned her face.

"Billy. Take the front, get in through that window."

Billy was short, skinny and overly eager. He crawled his way past the leader, and into a hole in the wall. It was no bigger than half a metre wide. He vanished.

BANG

The Cats perched on the ground held indiscernible weapons to the naked eye. The building winced and writhed with every hit it took. The leader looked down at them from the top of the building. She nodded. One cat looked back at her, concerned,

"But Jupiter, Billy will die." The worried Cat expressed. Jupiter smiled wryly, her face contorting to express some form of disturbing pleasure.

BANG

The building took a hit, The Cats on the ground looked shocked. Still standing, Jupiter nodded again.

BANG

The building began to crumble. Piece by piece, chunks came down.

BANG

The Cats on the building scrambled to get down. They were drowning each other in the rush to escape the danger. Except, Jupiter did not move. Her expression became wild and crazed.

BANG

That was the last straw. The building toppled. Jupiter went with it. The Cats watched in horror as their leader fell. As the rubble settled, the search began. There was a scream. One of The Cats sprinted towards it. A piece of concrete was lifted. Billy's eyes were wide and unknowing, confused. His leg was crushed, falling limp beside his body.

"I almost died." He was hysterical. "I almost... She wanted this all... She knows. My uncle is the emperor."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!