Ugly Witch

Ha Ha Ha! An Ugly witch with goat feet and a brown stick crept towards her ancient house with translucent spider webs on the old roof. On the way, her stomach growled, she decided to go for a walk into the village to find a dinner idea.

Here the wicked witch saw some miniature children in a colorful mushroom shaped bed. As midnight approached, she slowly sneaked up to the children and picked them up one by one and dropped them into her yellow sack.

Stealthily she scampered into her old brown house and reached for her big iron pot. Following that she grabbed her ancient recipe book. As she was flipping through pages to find a dinner idea, one of the children happened to walk by, he noticed a yellow cotton sack moving and heard some sounds from it. With haste, he reached into his pocket and found his sharp scissors. Like a curious cat, he jumped towards the sack and using his scissors, cut a hole in it.

Suddenly a whole bunch of children rushed out. They escaped from the wicked witch’s house and raced out, straight to their homes.

As angry as a livid lion, the witch couldn’t find her food. Swiftly, she darted out and found the pair of scissors. It was lying on the grass and behind it was a trail that lead her to a tree which glowed with malice. The witch was so frightened, she ran to her house and locked the door but all along, the tree was just a home to some glowing insects.

The witch was so scared by the tree that she never went out at night again, so all the children in the village were safe!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!