I Was Taken


I was trapped and starving. I don’t know why I’m in this shed. I feel lost.
“Hello, anyone here?” I ask my croaky voice echoing. “Please help me”. Nothing. I remember that I had my phone in my hoodie. I take it out and turn on the flashlight. Instantly, the room was alight.
“Hello little girl”, said a voice. I shine my light at its direction and see a speaker. “Where am I”. I asked. “Somewhere far from where you’re meant to be. If you want to live, you will follow my chain of command.” Answers the speaker. “What will happen if I don’t follow…. Whatever you said?” I asked. No answer
I look for the door. I find what looks like a rusty metal hanging. I run at it. Locked. I do it multiple times until I see dents in the door. I collapse and catching my breath, giving myself time to think. I’m Arianna Benson. I’m 15 and I was meant to be somewhere. But where was I meant to be? I try to call everyone I know. Mum, Dad, my friends. No signal.
I trip over something. With my light, I see tools. I see hedge clippers and a sledgehammer. I grab the sledgehammer and swing it at the door. The force creates a dent. I try again and gets the door to fly into the open. I drop the sledgehammer and run.
I can see a road as I run. I could stop a car, say that I was taken by someone and ask them to take me to the police. I can live! I hear gunshots. They get closer. I turn around. “Hello, little girl. Why are you leaving?” Says a bald man holding a gun. “Why am I here?” I asked.
“You are here because of your looks. I took you to my hideout to have you”. He answered. “How creepy are you? I’m not a doll you’d take!” I tried to look brave. “Nothing matters right now. All that we need to worry about is where you’d be shot”. I run to a tree just as the man takes a shot. I run towards another tree, then another getting closer to the road. “Come to me and you can live.” Yells the creep.
I finally get close to the road, urgently gasping for air. More shots are fired. BANG! BANG! I suddenly smell burning rubber. A car! I yell crazily to get their attention. The driver sees me and stops. “What are you doing?” She asked. I don’t answer. Except, I open the passenger’s door and get in. “Go! He’s coming!’’ I yell.
She knows what’s going on and steps on it. Once we’re out, sighs of relief were made by the blonde, driver. I can hear yells, then silence. I ask for her name, “Carly C.” she responds in a friendly tone.
“Thank you, Carly. For saving my life”, I rejoice, “Thank you so much”.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!