Missing Pieces That Cannot Be Found

We are the broken puzzle pieces left at the bottom of the drawer making everyone else incomplete because no one bothered to glue our broken hearts back together.
People look straight through us as if we are fragile glass panes.
Maybe some of us put cracks in ourselves so you can fill them in.
Maybe some of us are so lonely that we blow our own candles out so no one can see how truly melted we are.
Maybe some of us have no leaves because no one bothered to take care of us.
We are the forgotten children that are abandoned with their mothers because our fathers couldn't handle us.
So we are the ones who in the end spin ourselves within an endless tornado that consumes us into darkness creating a void to help us avoid reality and escape in our fantasies.
The only way to free ourselves is to wait for the storm to stop us from spinning ourselves silly leaving us dizzy in our steps and teaching ourselves how to walk again.
Only, the last part is to glue our broken hearts together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!