Magical Chalk

Magical Chalk


“Why are they so late,” wondered Emma who had been waiting long for her friends to come over for a play date.

Some time later there was a knock at the door. Emma hurried to the door and there stood her best friends, Olivia and Stephanie. “Hi guys,” said Emma. “Hi Em” replied Olivia.” I brought some chalk,” said Stephanie. “ Great idea Steph” said the two friends.

As soon as they got to the garden, Olivia drew a butterfly. When she finished, it came to life. Olivia was shocked but excited too. She realized, she could make anything she wanted come to life. Olivia hurried to her friends. “Guys look”, yelled Olivia.

Why are you shouting, asked Emma?

But before Olivia could answer, Stephanie has seen the butterfly and pointed it out to Emma. Both got so excited that they screamed together, “ let’s draw a Lolly-land”.

It was hard work but they accomplished it in the end. It was amazing to see all the colors form one amazing Lolly-land. They hurried into the Lolly-land and before you could say Stop, they had eaten mouthful of lollies. The friends hurried along eating more and more but they had forgotten their chalk, which now someone has picked up.

The EVIL QUEEN…

Of course, the three friends didn’t know how the Evil Queen kept turning people into lollipops.

When the friends were half way across the Lolly-land, Emma yelled, “Stephanie, where is the chalk?” Olivia has it”, said Stephanie in a worried voice. “I never had it”, said Olivia trying to keep her voice steady.

And all three of them yelled at the same time, “We left it behind!” Emma hurriedly said, let’s go find it. The other two nodded in agreement. They didn’t spare a second before hurrying off and trying to find the chalk.

All of a sudden, they can face to face with the evil Queen. They all gasped in terror while the queen laughed wickedly. “Looking for this”, holding up the magic chalk.

The Queen revealed the history of Lolly-land and during this conversation; Emma noticed that the Queen kept touching her Necklace in a protective way. Emma wondered if this was her weakness. She had a plan but needed a way to pass it off to Stephanie and Olivia safely.

She carefully bent down and got a big piece of bubblegum. With her sharp nails, she wrote the plan and passed it to her friends.

Olivia pretended a scream and yelled, “Look what’s coming our way, duck…run for your lives….”

This distracted the Queen, and Stephanie being a fast runner sprinted over to the queen and snatched her necklace.

“Give that back”, said the Queen in a shaky voice. But this was too late as Emma had stamped and crushed the necklace into hundred pieces.

Suddenly the queens started melting and before long, she was nothing but a pile of peppermints.

The three friends destroyed the chalk which resulted the end of Lolly-land !








FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!