Quest For Anaybass

Bleen and I have been living together since I can remember. My name is Ayben, I'm thirteen years old and I love dragons. Bleen is my pet Beegan Dragon, she is seven meters long and wears a blue hat. Our lives were pretty average until we found the leather pouch of Anaybass, which lead us to our first quest, getting the Earth Stone off of Barkore the Horrible. The stone is one of many that must be found and reunited, to stop darkness from falling over our planet.
On the way to Barkore's island we stumbled upon a large group of bored zombies, we decided to cheer them up. We ran around pretending to eat each other's brains. It did the trick and made the zombies laugh. In return they pointed the way to Barkore. We had reached the bridge by late morning, the only problem was that a large Scorpion Ranger was blocking the entrance.
The Scorpion Ranger landed next to Bleen causing a huge amount of sizzling poison to melt into the ground. It jabbed a tree with its poisonous barb, the tree turned black and shrivelled up. The beast ran towards me and snapped at my pouch. Bleen flew up into the air and then landed behind me, the attacker picked me up and threw me into a cave. I withdrew my sword, yelling "Run Bleen, run". The rest of the poisonous dragon's pack glided in and locked me in the cave.
The cave they locked me in is pretty much the most disgusting cave ever. The cave has slime on the walls and the floor is covered in thick, sloppy mud. Today was my lucky day though, Bleen saved me by blowing up the boulder in front of the door and flying me to safety. And so we continued our journey across the bridge, to the colossal lair of Barkore.
Barkore was a lot bigger than I thought, he was wearing a huge suit made of an old dead tree. His stone hung from a necklace made of a long lost mineral of the gods. The beast charged at me, with the power of a thousand serpents and the speed of a hundred dragons. I held my sword high and sliced the suit right in half, causing him to roll out and blink in the sudden light. Barkore tried to repair the suit, but Bleen blasted it with a fireball turning it into a scorching mess. The force of the blast caused the stone to fly through the air and land beside a tree, both human and monster leapt up and jumped at it. I made the jump and grabbed the stone, it was brown with green stripes. You could feel the power surging through it. When Barkore realised it was over, he scooted off into the forest and disappeared. This meant that we had the first stone and we were already well on our way to saving the planet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!