Killing Time

It was pitch black, the one light that lit up the street was flickering, I clutched Mia's hand tightly as we watched a dark figure glide around the shadows.
"What are you scared," said Mia.
"Um no of course not," I said lying.
We stood there watching our foggy breath puff in and out of our mouths in silence. There was nowhere to go, there was nothing that could help us. All of the sudden is started getting darker and darker until the only light we had was gone, then it hit us, we were alone in the dark with this person who could possibly kill us, just the thought of it sent shivers down my spine. I felt Mia's hand slowly slipping out of mine, I thought maybe she just didn't want to hold my hand anymore but when the lights came back on Mia was gone. I heard a scream coming from down the street, I sprinted towards the sound yelling Mia's name. I came across a pile of snow, I stopped dead in my tracks because the pile of snow had a cold, dead body laying on it. I slowly walked towards this body hoping and praying it wasn't mia but when I came up to it the clothing looked familiar, it was the grey hoodie and the blue jeans that Mia was wearing, it came upon me that whoever this person was killed Mia . I started to sob in to my hands and mourn the loss of my best friend. I looked into her eyes they were cold and lifeless.I stayed still watching her until I heard footsteps pounding behind me, I turned ready for the worst. I see him the one took my friends life, he came closer and closer, I tried to run but I felt as if my feet were stuck to the ground and I tried to scream but it felt like no one could hear my voice. He grabbed me and I tried so hard to get out of his arms but nothing worked. He shoved me into the boot of a car and knocked me out cold, when I awoke I was chained to wall I tried to escape but the was no use at that moment I knew I was going to die here. I was in a brick room with only a door directly in front of me. All my thoughts circled in my mind like a tornado, why us I thought why did he want to kill us. All of the sudden the door slammed open and the man walked in, I looked up at him pleadingly. He pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at my head, there was no way out of this. You may be wondering why he wanted to kill us and the answer is simply because killing someone gives him all the time they have left and this man wants immortality, he wanted everybody's time. So who's next.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!