The

My boots scraped across the floor, “AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH”, there it was again the screaming, the loud, piercing screaming! I followed it, my name was Jack Reacher, I am an American spy, I help people, with my brown jacket, black bowler hat, and sleek glasses. My skin white and eyes of black steel, I’m not a guy you should mess with, then I saw her body, but it was nothing but bones and ripped clothes, “Who would do this?” I heard ‘it’ the ‘thing’, with a scream that could make your ears bleed. I turned around and saw a glimpse of black, with scales, red eyes and a mouth with greasy, blood covered teeth. Claws with red blood stained on it, it ran away, I ran to follow it and then I remembered, when I was a baby, my mother hid me from something black, that ‘thing’ I could still see it though, and it killed my mother in front of my eyes. I kept following it until the thing, probably alien, then it stopped, turned around, extended its claws and approached me,… coming closer, closer and closer.

My heartbeat screamed as it got closer so I backed off and ran away. It followed me when I ran back to the footpath in the city, but when I turned around all I saw was an old man. He had a stopwatch in his top pocket,a brown bowler hat and he was fat with black shoes, strange, how could it disappear just like that? I took off my hat and scratched my head as I stared at the dark, mysterious alleyway, then I called the police to com and investigate, “HA, hey this guy thinks he saw an Alien” said the police officer, everybody laughed Jack smirked, ”huh, it does sound kind of funny.”

The laughing continues, “ ok where are you, huh? Ok who touched the lights?” , “nobody sir!”, THUMP. “What was that?”, “it appears to be coming from the roof!”, by now Jack was listening very closely. ”Arm yourselves! Move out and eliminate any threat! Sorry Jack we’ll speak to you soon!” BEEP. Jack ran towards the police station as quick as he cold but he was just too late. It was gone! The police station was completely gone. There was nothing left but a crater and the only clue was a scale from the alien, this was going to be harder than he thought. All he could do was track the alien down and kill it.

Jack drove back to the base of his spy agency and grabbed the a rifle and drove around looking for a trace of the alien. Jack found the alien destroying a fuel station. “damn! The worst place to destroy!” Jack got out and aimed the gun at the alien, he would have killed the alien if the alien hadn’t seen the human first, the alien ran towards the human as the human kept ripping off flesh from the alien. I soon got a lucky shot and shot the aliens legs off. It tumbled and rolled towards the human with great speed. I stopped it with my feet just in time. “Job well done,” I murmured as I threw the remains of the alien in the bin, but I didn’t know that behind the bushes were more red eyes watching every move, more bloodthirsty aliens…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!